Friday, May 25, 2012

Project 10 Book - Completed!

In the beauty world there's this idea of a Project 10 Pan - meaning you restrict yourself from buying anything until you "hit pan" on 10 products you already own.  Hitting pan comes from the idea of hitting the metal pan in a pressed powder product indicating you're getting close to finishing it.  Fascinating, I know!

So, I have a shamefully embarrassing long list of unread books in my queue some of which have been in the bucket for 5-10 years and put off for one reason or another.  So I need to get myself in gear, stop getting wrapped up in a new series and shop the stash!  Hence the challenge set for myself, read 10 books in the queue before buying anything new.  I don't think it will be difficult, and it is certainly faster than going through 10 makeup products.  I can keep myself honest with reporting back to the blog. :)

UPDATE!
I've read ten books in my queue without purchasing anything new, but due to some bad counting I hadn't realized it until I updated my post! I'm currently reading Ringworld by Larry Niven, so it'll be Project 11-Accidentally Book. ;)


The Lathe of Heaven - Ursula K. Le Guin  read 5/31/12 - review with spoilers
The Man in the High Castle  - Philip K. Dick - read 6/5/12
dhalgren - Samuel R. Delany - read 6/28/12 - review with spoilers 
Spook Country - William Gibson read 7/4/12 - review with spoilers
Iron Sunrise - Charles Stross - read 7/13/12
Axis - Robert Charles Wilson - read 7/23/12
Vortex - Robert Charles Wilson - read 7/30/12
Moneyball - Michael Lewis - read 8/7/12
The Moon is a Harsh Mistress - Robert A. Heinlein - read 9/7/12 - review with spoilers
The Ophiuchi Hotline - John Varley - read 9/18/12



No comments:

Post a Comment