Thursday, May 24, 2012

What Next? Too Many Series Started

Found myself in a bit of an unusual (for me) position.  Normally when I read the first book in a series, I am compelled to read the rest of the books directly after.  I don't follow authors or new releases for the most part, so I have the luxury of starting a series and tearing through the rest.

I have had a lapse!  And now I'm in the middle of three.  Started out with reading Spin by Robert Charles Wilson, another one I didn't realize that had books after it.  Maybe that is what started all this, I was unprepared!  So I didn't have the next book lined up, started something else.  That may have been when I started The Book of the New Sun by Gene Wolfe - not sure.  And yet again, unprepared!  Did not realize there was a sequel in The Urth of the New Sun, when I tried to buy it in store it was out of stock.  And of course, the logical thing to do once in this situation was to start another series.  So I picked up The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson.

I always have a pretty good sized queue of books waiting for me, now to decide.  I do have the two other books in the Spin series, Axis and Vortex.  I recently picked up in my "let's try something not-scifi" moment, The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath but I'm not sure I'm ready for something taxing emotionally.

I think I'll write up a list of books in the queue as a separate post so I can keep track!  Maybe that will help me make a decision as well.  I had two driving days this week (shocker, hadn't started the car in over a month!) and am at a Microsoft training so I'm busy all day; don't need to pick up a book until next Tuesday (due to Monday holiday).

No comments:

Post a Comment