Sunday, June 3, 2012

Reading Now! The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick

Chose another shorter book for my Project 10 Book after finishing The Lathe of Heaven.  I'm a fan of Philip K. Dick's, I think my favorite would be Ubik.

The summary for The Man in the High Castle wasn't one that grabbed my attention, it is an alternate history situation which isn't my favorite.  The short rundown is that we're in a world where the Allies didn't win World War II, the Axis did.  Different regions of the world are being run by Imperial Japan, Fascist Italy and Nazi Germany.  Being that it's PKD and it won a Hugo, I figure it will be more to my liking though.  I only just started it, but one thing that already is difficult is dealing with the blatant racism and class structure depicted in a society with this history.

We will see, but I am not expecting to love this novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment