Thursday, August 23, 2012

Reading Now! The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Robert A. Heinlen

I'm about 3/5 into The Moon is a Harsh Mistress - not sure if I reached this after the last time I was reading this, maybe around where I had stopped. This one I did not stop due to being irritable or tired with it, I was truly liking it but some life things got in the way and I never finished.

I feel like the book was written (so far at least) with my preferences and feelings in mind. Like Mr. Heinlen could see into the future, cozied up in my brain for a while and came back to write something that would make my heart sing. Seriously, it has been speaking to me. The way it's written, the main character dropping words in the most endearing way, our heroes are mostly perfect but not in a smashing lead hero way but just in ways you love them. I love Manuel and his family, omniscient fabulous AI Mike, The Cause, everything.

I'd been feeling so discontented with what I'd been reading lately (spoilers) so I am thrilled with how happy this book has made me. I don't want it to end. I hope to be back with a glowing and even more gushy week after I return from vacation. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment